Thursday, June 20, 2013

27 Weeks

 Tee: Target / Pants: J. Simp for Motherhood

How far along? 27 weeks, 5 days - The 3rd trimester! OMG!
Baby’s size? 16 in., about 2.5 lbs - the size of a head of cauliflower!
Days until next doc appointment? 7 - the dreaded glucose test
Total weight gain/loss? I haven't really gained since last week, still around around 20.5 lbs. I've made some good changes in my diet (less candy, more whole grains!) So thats probably helped!
Maternity clothes? I'm not sure I'll ever go back to regular clothes....
Stretch marks? Still no new ones! And my linea negra is really really faint too, and doesnt even reach my belly button. I think my oil is working wonders.
Sleep: I've been really tired this week, and even required a nap one day. I'm hoping this isn't already the start of the downswing back into fatigue for the rest of the pregnancy! My dreams are starting to get really vivid again as well.
Best moment(s) this week:
We took our basic newborn care class - 'Little Fingers, Little Toes' - at the hospital. It was such a relief after feeling like I knew NOTHING about babies, to find out that I already have the instincts of how to take care of her. A lot of it felt like common sense to me, and for the first time, it really just made me so excited for her to get here because I know I'll be able to navigate being her mommy.
Movement: Still wiggling away! I think its getting a little tighter in their for her though, so her movement seems more localized than crazy all over the place.
Missing anything? Not this week... I feel good and am loving my growing belly and feeling her. I've felt connected to her from day 1, but the further along we get the more I just want to make the right decisions during this pregnancy for her!
Food Cravings: A lot of raisins... just plain from the box, or raisin bran cereal.. om nom nom!
Belly button: If you saw my instagram this week you know the answer.
Happy or moody most of the time? I've had a couple moods this week, but overall I'm still generally happy. I dont know how I've made it through this far without any major mood swings!!
Weekly symptoms: When I bend over at work to pick something up, I almost always hear and feel this really gross pop in my lower back spine area. I'm not sure what it is but it actually makes me physically ill. Due to that, I bought one of those maternity support bands, and while it makes me feel like a carpenter, it helps!

1 comment:

  1. Doing so great! You look great and I love hearing about the bonding you're experiencing already. She's so lucky to have you as her mum.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs