I do, however, always get excited about the prospect of a new year. What will happen this year? What wont? Will I be the same person at years end? Will I make changes and stick with them?
I'm sure there are a lot of 'self' resolutions I could (and should) make. In fact I have, though I started on most of these several months ago.
- Eat better. Work out more. Cut back on wine (not get rid of it altogether, obvi). Go to church more. Learn new things. Read more. Get back to my hobbies. Make new friends. Tame my anxiety.
- Be more present for Olive - ie. put down the cell phone.
- Turn off the TV.
- Do new things together. Go out more. Explore.
- Be kinder. Judge less.
- Be ok with telling people what you think, even if they may not like it or agree. Accept when they do not.
- Surprise B more. Work harder on our relationship.
|Ollie with some of her Xmas loot.|
So the real resolution here is this: Find balance. Balance of being a mother, a worker, a spouse, a friend, myself.
Seems simple enough, right?