Friday, December 14, 2012

A Swing and a Miss

Top: Stylemint / Dress: Target (super old)

I must admit I'm not thrilled with the way this outfit came together. I really wanted to work on the whole "taking my summer maxi dresses into fall" thing, and I thought these pieces would be a great match. Unfortunately for me, it was only good in theory and the execution turned out pretty poor. I blame a large part of it on my styling, which I was able to give a whooping 10 seconds of thought to as I grabbed my glasses and makeup bag and ran out the door this morning. Darn you, snooze button!

I digress. You can't win 'em all and this blog is just as much about my fashion misses as it is hits. How else are you supposed to broaden your proverbial horizons, amirite?

Anyway I can't be too mad - it's Friday! Woot woot! And today I have a half day and a hair appointment which makes for a pretty great Friday to boot! B is pretty busy at the moment, so I plan on spending a quiet Friday evening of Christmas movie watching...or perhaps Harry Potter marathon?? Anything is possible ;)
Anyone else have any fun plans this weekend??

Also - don't forget! If you follow me on Twitter at @xo_kathrynlaine make sure you get rid of that one and follow me over at @kmook! It's about time you really see what my little slice of life is about :)

2 comments:

  1. cute! what a darling blog you have! so happy to be following along now..XO
    chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome look!!
    http://www.bekanicolee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs