Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rolling my ankles and pretty new things

Top: Simply Vera, Vera Wang for Kohls (similar) / Jeans: Rock & Republic / Shoes: Bucco for Kohl's

Oh, hey, hi there!

Welcome to my pretty new blog! You may have noticed overnight the look changed a bit, and I'm super excited about it. Its the first step in my new direction on this blog. What do you think??!

On to el outfit-o: If you can tell by the slouching, I had a hard time taking my self portrait in these shoes. See, I'm already a pseudo amazon woman at 5'9", and these shoes have a 4 in. heel. That puts me at a healthy 6'1". Also known as towering over everyone in my office. (Thankfully I snagged myself a tall man though, so standing next to him wasn't awkward :)

Anywho, I've seen cute wedges EVERYWHERE this season but I had yet to attempt them myself, despite owning a few pairs. When I saw these babies at Kohls.com a few weeks ago, I knew I had to have them (heads up, they are online exclusives). I carefully put them on and paraded around my apartment for an hour or so to make sure I could walk in them. Ok.. that was pretty easy. Unfortunately, walking up and down the hallway in my apartment is a little different then walking around in real life.
I got out of my car... rolled my ankle. I turned around too quickly in the office... rolled my ankle (thankfully the ankle roll made me keep turning and I body slammed the wall in front of some ladies in the other office.. so that was fun). I stood up too fast from my chair... rolled my ankle. I strolled across the grass after getting the mail... rolled my ankle.

After my usual lunchtime work out, I decided it was safest for me to wear my shower flipflops for the remainder of the afternoon.

I think the lesson here is don't move quickly in your sky high wedges unless you are a professional.

2 comments:

  1. I adore those shoes, no matter how dangerous they are!

    Just found your blog and loving it. So much in fact that you deserve an award. Click my link to see!

    http://glitterarygirl.blogspot.com/2012/08/an-award-for-me-liebster.html

    Jen xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the absolute sweetest!! Thank you so much Jen!! :)

      xo, Katie

      Delete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs