Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stay Puft returns

I'm sure you are all wondering how this harrowing tale ends.

Whence we last left off, I was under the instruction of this unknown office villain to work 6 movie quotes into every day conversation. As I began this arduous task, still not knowing whether Stay Puft was alive or dead, I received two disturbing, yet revitalizing photos titled "Proof of Life". I believe the kidnapper could feel my restlessness.



The oven picture made it clear, the situation was getting dire.

It was a long day, but I felt a sense of accomplishment as I checked each quote off the list, barely making my 5pm deadline. I knew I was one step closer to my Stay Puft.

Sadly, this was not my final task. Once the last quote was used, I received another email:


staypuft napper [staypuftnapper@*****.com]
Actions
To:
 Katie
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:39 PM

Your final task is here, you’re very close to getting your Stay Puft Man back. The last thing you must do is compose a poem.
Your poem must be 6 rhyming verses long. Each verse is 4 lines or more. Once you have finished it, you will email it out to the entire imageworks building, with not explanation about why you are sending it.
Your poem can be about anything in the Ghostbusters movie. 
If you complete this task by 11 a.m., your Stay Puft will be returned to you at the end of the day. Good luck, and may the fluff be with you. 
________________
After all my hard work, I couldn't give up now.
The following is the result of my final task:


Soon after this last desperate plea, I received one last email. Apparently, this poem appeased the office scoundrel, as he/she detailed Stay Puft's whereabouts.



staypuft napper [staypuftnapper@gmail.com]
Actions
To:
 Katie 
 
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:54 PM
It’s over, it’s done, look how far you’ve come!
Your man is near, can you smell his fear?
It’s dark and it’s damp, and he doesn’t have a lamp.
Look up and you’ll see the key to his pen
Pull on that string and this all comes to an end
 
You may need some height to get in his sight
A stepstool you’ll find if, in the studio you mine.
Your man will be safe from my future pranks.
 
Thanks for playing along, you’ve been so much fun.
Do you wonder if he’s been here all along?
_____________________
I immediately retrieved the stepstool, and climbed up to the ceiling, where I found my Stay Puft, bound and gagged, but safe nonetheless.
Its been a harrowing experience for us all, but I'm pleased to report he is safely resting in his proper place on my desk. The villain turned herself in, and all is right with the world.
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! What an elaborate prank, glad you (and Stay Puft) survived with your wits intact :)

    Life etc

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs