Tuesday, August 28, 2012

When was the last time you wore a skort?

Top: AE / Skort: Kohl's (similar) / Shoes: Toms

I haven't owned, or seen, a skort since I was in about 8th grade. I'm fairly certain that's when they stopped being "cool". But when I came across this little beauty at Kohl's I fell in LOVE all over again. Its denim and its short, and based on that it didn't feel entirely work appropriate. But when I saw those little shorts underneath I knew I could easily pull this off for work AND it would be a staple in my closet this summer for everything from picnics to baseball games to hanging around the house.
Sadly when I bought it in early spring, I wasn't anticipating the weight I'd gain before summer even started, and it sat unworn in my closet until I could hit the gym enough to button it up.

Finally - success!! And now I'll give it the attention it deserves, even into fall with some cute cable knit tights and a sweater. I thinks it's meant to be.

Am I the only one who hasn't seen a cute skort in YEARS?!

Linking up!

Real Girl Style Link Up

12 comments:

  1. I don't know if I've worn one since I was little! this one is so cute - and I LOVE your top - adorable outfit Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always looOooOved skorts!! you make skorts look awesome!

    ..i, also, can't wait to bedeck myself in fall knits and scarves :) xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I don't know when the last time I wore a skort was...BUT...now I want one!! It's an adorable outfit. LOVE it. I'm off to find a skort this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can bring them back I have a feeling. Lets do this! ;)
      xo, Katie

      Delete
  4. congrats on getting back into the skort! isn't it a great feeling (that I haven't felt in a while...oops). I love how it adds a cute spin on a casual outfit - that sweatshirt looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't felt it in awhile either, so it was a nice feeling lol! Thanks lady!! :) And the sweatshirt is SUPER comfy, lightweight and perfect for fall!
      xo, Katie

      Delete
  5. Love this outfit! I am your newest follower! :)

    Diana
    www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thank you! And checking you out now :)
      xo, Katie

      Delete
  6. I don't really remember the last time I saw or wore a skort but I definitely vote on bringing them back in every color and pattern! They are so comfortable and you don't have to worry about accidentally showing anything. I have been a big fan of dressy short because they give the feeling of wearing a skort. Thanks for linking up for Real Girl Style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Patterned skorts.. yes! Now we are talking!!! Thanks for stopping by lady!
      xo, Katie

      Delete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs