Thursday, May 31, 2012

The day I was birthed.


Dress: Anthropologie / Jacket: New York & Co. / Shoes: American Eagle (similar)

I've been holding out on this dress for a very long time. I splurged on it a few months ago when B and I took a weekend trip to Portland, and its been patiently waiting in my closet ever since. I admit I was holding out for a 'special occasion,' but I didn't know what. Its always difficult when you spend a lot of money on one piece, because, if your like me, you become uber protective of it and terrified that you'll spill on it or rip it. But as I was thinking about my outfits for the week (yes I try to plan out the whole week, or at least a few days come Sunday night!), I thought, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow and die never having worn this gorgeous dress. And what better day to wear it then my birthday?! 
And literally, every single person I've come into contact with so far (even the guys in my office!) have complimented me on my pretty dress.

Makes a girl feel great on her 28th birthday. :) 

This picture doesn't remotely do it justice - Its not available anymore but you can see a better view here. The detailing is just AMAZING. Well done Anthro. Well done.

Also, I tried THIS with my hair today and I think it turned out quite nicely! It was also crazy easy to pull off and added a sweet little spunk to my outfit. I'll definitely try it again, perhaps with a little bit'o teasing next time!


4 comments:

  1. I totally get the idea of keeping something until the "right" time to wear it. I always try and keep in mind that if you're going to buy something and not wear it, you may as well not have it at all. :)

    the Blue Hour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! Thankfully, I wore it and I didnt spill a thing on it all day :)
      xo, Kathryn Laine

      Delete
  2. Today is your birthday?? Well Happy 28!! And you look awesome in that dress- it's just fabulous! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my birthday yes! Thank you!! One year closer to 30... Eek!! ;)
      xo, Kathryn Laine.

      Delete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs